Finding the perfect evening shoe can be a difficult task, in light of the factors that come into play when considering the many decisions to be made in this endeavor. Options such as the type, color, height of the heel, size, fit, material, durability and quality are all features that need to be taken into account.
Characteristics of an Evening Shoe
When choosing an evening shoe, women will first want to think about the various features that they will need to research. First, the type of shoe that is needed should be decided. Most often, dress shoes and evening shoes are the two types of formal shoes to consider.
Evening shoes are distinguished by their embellishments, more than their color or style. The accoutrements of an evening shoe should be more delicate in fashion than evening shoes and often will have sequins, beads, ribbons and lace.
Colors of an Evening Shoe
Typical colors for evening shoes are gold, silver and black. These are common choices because these colors will go with most evening or formal type wear. Another good reason to choose these neutral colors is that they can more easily be used multiple times.
The type of shoe fabric needs to be given a good amount of thought. The kind that will best complement the dress can be a glittery style or a glossy and more smooth fabric. Any type of material can be chosen, but a leather composition may not be the best choice for a formal occassion.
Versatility and Longevity
Since special occasions can occur more than once, it may be preferable to select a shoe that can be worn multiple times. The types of dresses already in the closet need to be examined in order to decide on the best color, style and height of the evening shoe that will match the greatest amount of dresses. This ensures a cost-effective purchase.
The quality of the shoe is important as well. While it is good to keep the cost low, the quality and comfort of the shoe should not be sacrificed. It is a false economy to buy an item that will not last a reasonable amount of time.
Style of Shoe
The style of the shoe is a feature that definitely requires some thought. The shoe can be a sandal with or without straps or a closed toe shoe. The height of the heel needs to be matched against the dress that will be used for the immediate event, and then some thought can be given to the other dresses in the closet.
Top 5 Routes for "Evening Shoes"
- Ezine Articles This site offers a practical guide to buying evening shoes that can be worn for multiple occasions and not for just one event. The article describes the factors that need to be considered in purchasing the most versatile footwear.
- Live About Evening shoes are distinguished not only by the style but also by the type of fabric and embellishments. The author of this article discusses the attributes to look for in an evening shoe and then continues on to discuss various considerations in choosing the perfect shoe.
- Glam & Gams by Faviana This site offers shopping information for all types of fancy dress shoes, but the information can be applied to choosing evening shoes as well. The color of the dress, height of the shoes and any planned accessories are among the quantifying elements discussed.
- Atelier Backstage Pronovias A picture is worth a thousand words, and this site has plenty of photos to demonstrate the features to look for in the perfect evening shoe. The focus is mainly on the style and the fabric of the shoe that will best complement a formal dress.
- Who What Wear This website is designed to help people with their fashion needs. The direct article linked is a recap of 19 excellent evening shoe styles and how to wear them perfectly.