Women are faced with a significant variety of shoe options while shopping. Not only are there countless brands, but a seemingly never-ending selection of styles, colors and materials. This makes deciding on the perfect pair of shoes rather complicated, but, fortunately, there are plenty of online resources to help in the selection process.
When women are selecting shoes, they should take these things into consideration:
- Where They Intend to Wear the Shoes Climate and location are very important. For instance, one would not want sandals at a formal event, nor would one want to wear sandals (or any other open-toed shoes) in a cold climate. The terrain is also important. A woman would most likely not want to wear heels to a sports game with steep steps or to the beach. A good setting would be a nice dinner out or upscale concert with minimal walking involved.
- What Outfit They Intend on Wearing An outfit is always important in shoe selection. Dressier outfits generally call for heels, dressy sandals or nice flats. Other outfits, such as athletic wear, would typically call for athletic shoes.
- How Much Physical Activity Will Be Involved Physical activity such as estimated distance a woman is planning to walk and whether or not she plans on vigorous activity like running are also important to consider.
In some cases, wide shoes for women is a necessary consideration when shopping. Not every store carries many options for wide feet, so women need to be conscious of their foot width before shopping.
Popular Womens Shoe Styles
A few of the most common shoe styles for women:
- Fashion Sneakers
- Training Shoes
- Gladiator Sandals
- Slip-on Leather Sandals
- Plain Heels
- Platform Heels
- Wedge Heels
- Ankle Boots
- Riding Boots
- Ballerina Flats
Top 5 Routes for "Womens' Shoes"
- DSW DSW offers a wide selection of affordable women's shoes. It carries a generous number of styles from many of the top shoe brands. Furthermore, the website even has a helpful "Trends" page, allowing users to discover what is popular and be inspired in their shoe search.
- Shoe Carnival Shoe Carnival is similar to DSW in that it offers a large variety of shoe styles at an affordable price. However, this site has an even greater selection because the company carries a lot of non-name-brand shoes. It also has a "Trending" page displaying the current most popular shoe styles on the website.
- Nordstrom Rack Nordstrom Rack is the ultimate destination for discounted designer shoes. All of its merchandise is stylish and it has a particularly wide selection of dressy and professional footwear.
- Famous Footwear Famous Footwear believes in offering popular shoe styles at store-brand prices. Everything from fashion sneakers to work shoes to fancy wedding slippers can be purchased through its site.
- Amazon Shoes Although Amazon itself is not exclusively a shoe store, women's shoe brands and stores from all across the internet sell their merchandise here. Thus, Amazon is possibly the best site for narrowing down search results to find wide shoes for women.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More